A Welcome Letter for Parents of First Year Students
On behalf of the University Health Center, welcome to Bulldawg Nation! As the campus medical and wellness home for students at the University of Georgia, we endorse behaviors that support whole person health and wellness.
Here are some services we provide to assist your student in becoming a Healthy Dawg:
- Discussion of health including health goals, mental wellness, nutrition, sexual health, stress, alcohol and other drugs
- Wellness checkups and physicals
- Care for acute injuries or illnesses
- Short term individual or group counseling
- Management of chronic illnesses
- Annual flu shots and other routine immunizations
- Coordination of your student’s health care with other healthcare providers
- Referral to outside specialists for specific health needs
- Wellness and prevention classes through BeWell UGA
- Specialty care for vision, dental, allergy maintenance, and physical therapy/massage under one roof!
Check out last year’s UHC Impact Statement to see how other Dawgs utilized these services.
This time of transition is exciting and sometimes unsettling. Your son or daughter may be navigating the healthcare system for the first time without you, and you can trust that I understand what that is like for each of you. I assure you that the Health Center staff is prepared to serve as your student’s health and wellness home away from home.
Please visit Information for New Students for requirements and more information regarding access to health and wellness services at UGA.
If there is anything I can do to assist in your student’s healthcare while at UGA, please let me know. Wishing your student a healthy and successful year at UGA.
Dr. Garth Russo, MD, FAAFP, DABPM-CI
Interim Executive Director
Sr. Director Medical Services
The University Health Center does not endorse any products or services that may appear in ads below.