Covid-19 Bivalent Vaccine available at UHC
The University Health Center has received a limited number of bivalent Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and will begin administration to scheduled appointments beginning Friday, September 9th. For information regarding eligibility and scheduling, please see below.
What is the indication for the COVID-19 Bivalent vaccine booster?
- Completion of primary vaccination with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine with the last dose being at least 2 months ago OR
- Receipt of the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine at least two months ago.
- Please refer to CDC for more detailed information.
Who is eligible to receive the vaccine at UHC?
Students, faculty & staff, and dependents ages 16 and up are eligible to obtain the bivalent Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at UHC.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Students can schedule on the patient portal. Faculty, staff, and dependents (ages 16 and up) should call 706.542.1162 to schedule an appointment.
What is the cost of the bivalent Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine?
There are no out of pocket costs associated with the administration of the COVID-19 vaccine. UHC will file the administration fee for those who have insurance.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Picture ID
- Insurance Card (if you are insured)
- Your COVID-19 vaccine card or proof of your previous vaccine* (NOTE: Patients who can not provide documentation of previous vaccines are not eligible to receive the bivalent vaccine. We will be able to confirm previous vaccine information for those individuals who received their primary vaccine series at UHC).
- The morning of your appointment you will receive a link to a patient questionnaire, please complete this prior to your appointment. If you do not receive the form, we will provide one for you at check in.
What if I have not completed a primary series of COVID-19 and would like to schedule an appointment?
While the bivalent Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is only intended for boosters, UHC continues to offer Pfizer monovalent vaccine as a primary series. If you are interested in scheduling a primary vaccine series, students should schedule through the patient portal. Faculty, staff and dependents (ages 16 and up) should schedule by calling 706.542.1162.