Financial Information and Insurance
Options for Paying for Services
The Health Fee provides the UGA Community the opportunity to receive quality, integrated, multi-disciplinary healthcare and wellness services within a few steps of campus classes.
All UGA students are encouraged to carry health care insurance either with the UGA student health insurance policy or through their family policy.
UHC will file insurance claims on behalf of patients/clients, however, that DOES NOT guarantee full or partial payment by insurance companies, and patients/clients remain responsible for any unpaid balance.
We cannot determine whether a specific insurance policy will cover charges incurred here at the health center. Patients/clients will need to contact their insurance company and ask whether their plan will cover services at the health center and what services are included in that coverage.
We are participating with most medical insurers including the following:
- Aetna – Please check with your insurance plan for details.
- Humana – Please check with your insurance plan for details.
- Cigna – Please check with your insurance plan for details.
- United Healthcare – Please check with your insurance plan for details.
- UGA Student Resources – Student plan via UGA
- Blue Cross Blue Shield – Please check with your insurance plan for details
- Medicaid – In-Network with the Standard Medicaid plan and the following CMOs: Wellcare, Peachstate/Ambetter, Amerigroup, and Caresource. Please check with your plan for details.
- Our UHC Vision Clinic and Pharmacy are in-network with most insurance plans – please inquire within the clinic.
- TRICARE – Please check with your insurance plan for details. A referral may be required.
- We are NOT participating with most Health Exchange plans. Please check with your insurance plan for details.
- Some HMO plans require a referral. Please be sure to check with your insurance plan for details.
Please be sure to verify with your insurance plan that your particular policy will provide in-network coverage in our specialty clinics including Dental, Vision, Physical Therapy, and CAPS.
If your insurance policy provides out-of-network coverage, our Business Office will file claims for services incurred at the Health Center as a courtesy.
No Health Insurance – 2 Options
University Health Center (UHC) is in-network with many insurance carriers. However, only your insurance provider can determine what is covered under your insurance plan. Please contact your insurance provider for details regarding services covered at UHC.
Missed Appointments and Payment Responsibility
If necessary, cancel or reschedule your appointment by 5:00 pm on the business day before the scheduled appointment. A $30 charge will be applied for missed appointments.
UGA Students: Once a balance becomes your responsibility, your University Health Center records will be flagged (checklisted) immediately. Flagged records prohibit registration and readmission, and result in the withholding of transcripts. The flag will be removed when the account is paid in full.
Former students are eligible for services at the health center for one semester after their last enrolled semester. The former student is responsible for all charges accrued during this extended care and can pay at the UHC Business Services Office.
Health Fee Refunds
Information about the UGA policy on refunding tuition and fees for students who formally withdraw from the University is located at: www.bursar.uga.edu/refunds.html.
Eligibility for Treatment
The University Health Center offers a comprehensive healthcare program to all registered students and their spouses or domestic partners.
All enrolled students are eligible for care at the University Health Center. Students may continue to receive health care services for one UGA semester after their last enrolled semester, to include one semester after graduation.
Full-time students pay a mandatory UGA health fee which provides students a multitude of wellness and medical services at discounted rates. Students taking five or fewer credit hours may either pay the health fee or use the health center on a fee-for-service basis.
Spouses or Domestic Partners:
Spouses or domestic partners of enrolled students are eligible for services at the University Health Center. They may either pay the health fee and receive the same benefits as a full-time student, or choose to use the health center on a fee-for-service basis.
For any questions about eligibility for treatment, please call Registration and Health Information at 706-542-8617.